Gro Alliance, President
A third-generation seedsman, Jim Schweigert grew up in the family seed business and was exposed to industry issues at an early age. He earned a Bachelor of Arts in public relations from the University of Minnesota and worked for corporate public relations firms in Minneapolis, Chicago and Atlanta before joining the family business full time in 2003. He has since been active in the American Seed Trade Association, the Independent Professional Seed Association and earned his master’s in seed technology and business from Iowa State University. As president, Schweigert manages client contracts and crop planning, as well as business development and new market opportunities. His unique background and experience make him one of the seed industry’s leaders in innovation. As such, he was honored as Seed World’s 2009 Future Giant and currently serves as chair of the board of directors for Seed Programs International.
Articles by Jim Schweigert
- Good Business Practices Beat Great Marketing Every Time
- Niche Markets: The Cure for Low Commodity Prices
- The “If It Ain’t Broke, Don’t Fix It” Mentality Will Destroy Your Business
- EU Court’s Gene Editing Decision Could Limit Seed Licensing Options for U.S. Companies
- Your Business is Unique, Just Like Everyone Else’s
- Three Keys to a Successful Employee Appreciation Event
- Tom Petty’s Advice for Entrepreneurs
- Is Your Business Yesterday’s Tractor Cab?
- Do Your Employees Share the Company’s Vision?
- Long-Term Relationships Are Worth More Than One-Time Deals
- How to Take Advantage of the High-Purity, Non-GMO Corn Market
- Christmas in St. Croix and a Lesson in Attitude
- Seed Production and Turkey Trots
- The World Needs YOU!
- How Do You Know What You Know?
- Why Support the Hiring of Migrant Laborers?
- One Hail Storm Away?
- Vigor: How to Win in a Tough Spring
- Is Your Business Actually Prepared for Growth?
- Farmers vs. Consumers
- Every Kernel Counts – Raising the Bar on Seed Purity
- Three Traits of a Great Business Partner
- Is the Race for GMO Traits Over?
- Location, Location, Location
- Does Your Pizza Order Result in More Information than Your Seed Supply Order?
- Coexistence: GMO vs. Organic is a False Narrative
- How to Hire From a Multinational
- Big Data Will Drive Genetic Diversity