UC-Davis Graduates 14 from Seed Business 101 Field Crops Course
Another class earned their tassels in Seed Business 101 Field Crops from the University of California, Davis. The course was held last week, August 28 – Sept. 1, 2016, in St. Charles, Illinois.
To date, more than 400 seed professionals have attended Seed Business 101, a one-week course designed to expose participants to the five functional areas of a seed company (research and development, production, operations, sales and marketing and administration).
During the course, participants heard from Tom Francis, Craig Newman and Dave Westphal. Guest speakers and industry experts also included John Latham, president of Latham Hi Tech Seeds, and John Wyffels, president of Wyffels Hybrids.
As part of the course, participants toured facilities at Monsanto and AgReliant Genetics.
- Seed Business 101 Field Crops graduates include:
- Agustin Rogelio Bueno, Satus Ager S.A., Argentina.
- Brian Chase, Bayer, United States.
- Clemence Courtois, Bayer SAS, France.
- Vinay Dhannawat, Navbharat Seeds Pvt. Ltd., India.
- Meike Fischer, Bayer, Germany.
- Corey Hartbecke, Gro Alliance, United States.
- Patrick Lozon, Bayer Crop Science, United States.
- Ling Meng, KWS Gateway Research Center, United States.
- David Pazdernik, Bayer Crop Science, United States.
- Ryan Quirk, Cultura Technologies, United States.
- Anamica Srinivasaragavan, Bayer, United States.
- Nick Weidenbenner, Bayer, United States.
- Jody Wynia, Bayer Crop Science, United States.
Dates for the next Seed Business 101 Field Crops course will be announced later. The next session of Seed Business 101 Horticulture is Dec. 4-8 in Davis, California. For more information, visit sbc.ucdavis.edu or contact Rebeca Madrigal at firstname.lastname@example.org.[rate_this_page]